We had an ultrasound on Friday the 18th where we fell in love with our little wiggly baby. We had intentions of waiting to find out what type of plumbing it had until Christmas, but once we saw the little heart beating and the arms flailing around, we just couldn't resist. The tech asked us if we were sure, and I remember Phil saying, "I need to know what that is!" She gave us a few more minutes to think about it and then soon said that she was pretty positive that it was a girl. The next tech that came in also confirmed that it was a girl.
I thought I would cry when she told us, but I just remember smiling and getting all giggly. I started to cry when I looked at Phil and he had the most giant smile on his face. For the rest of the appointment, I couldn't keep my eyes off of him.
We decided to keep our little secret until Christmas and planned to tell our friends and families when everyone was together. (although there were a few slips)
Christmas Eve night we were at the Gregersen family get together and we decided to tell his Grandparents first and have them tell the rest of the family. They didn't want to spoil our fun at first, but when we told them that we wanted them to break the news, they were both so excited. His grandpa said "Well, I have a big mouth" So they went into the room, got every ones attention and told everyone the news. It was perfect.
Christmas morning was at Phil's moms house. Since his brothers and sister were with us the night before they already knew the secret, but they managed to not tell her until we got there. Almost immediately when we walked in she asked "So, what is my grandchild??" We told her and she was cute and smiley as always.
My family reveal was so fun. We play this crazy dice/gift stealing game and we decided to put a present in the game that would tell everyone what the little bean was. We wrapped up a pair of tiny pink converse shoes in a mysterious gift bag and mixed it in with the other gifts. Towards the end of the game the gift wasn't moving, so I gave my dad a hint. He ended up with the gift in the end and got to tell the family that he was excited to have a little granddaughter.
This ended up being the best Holiday season. It made me feel so incredibly grateful for the family that I have.
I am such a lucky girl... and so is my little girl.
No comments:
Post a Comment