Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Doctors Appointment

I had a super quick Dr. appointment today (I went on my lunch break since the Doctors office is directly across the street from work) and it ended up being with a different doctor.

She is just as great as my normal Dr. They both have a pretty great sense of humor and both are very comfortable to talk to.

We went over the usual. Good blood pressure, up 1 pound (still down a total of 11 since before pregnancy), strong heart beat, measuring right on track. Then it was question and answer time.

I told her that my eyes have been acting funny lately and my vision seems to have gotten bad in the last month or so and she said it is a normal pregnancy side effect. As long as it isn't drastic, or blurry or I am seeing spots, she said it should be nothing to worry about. She told me not to run out and buy any fancy Gucci specs anytime soon.

I also pointed out my foot swells that have been happening a little more frequently and I showed her what I was talking about. (She actually asked me about this first, I hadn't brought it up)I pulled my pants leg up and had very obvious sock lines and you could tell that they were a little more pudgy than normal. She kind of chuckled and said that too was normal and that if this is the worst they have been, then I should consider myself very fortunate!!

She asked me how I was feeling and I just smiled and said GREAT! She asked if I had any questions and I said NOPE. We both kind of shared a little smile at each other and then she said "It just makes my day that you are such a happy healthy glowing pregnant mama! Keep up the great work!"

1 comment:

  1. That's awesome, GO AMY! Just have to keep up on the water and rest, those do miracles (at least for me anyway). It's great that you have met one of the other docs, it'd be good to meet even more, then if something doesn't go according to plan you'll have already met the person who delivers your baby.

    I don't know how we both lucked out to be feeling so well but I'm definitely thankful for it!

    ReplyDelete