I am finally starting to feel less like a walking science project, and more like an expectant mom. I am still in awe every time she moves. I smile and remember how crazy it is that it is happening to me! But now instead of yelling out to anyone near by to show them or tell them that she is moving, I feel like I get to have a little private moment with her.
I know it is impossible to say that I am learning a tiny bit about her already. But what if the things that she is doing really are a teeny part of what her personality will be like.
For example: Watching the Grammy's last night she moved like crazy while Bon Jovi was performing.... When I eat something that I love (peanut butter and jelly) she moves like crazy, but when I am just eating something kind of blah, she is completely still...... When I lay down for bed, I toss and turn a little bit, and this is when she is the most active...
Will she be a closet Bon Jovi fan and enjoy PB&J's and sometimes have to wiggle around a little bit before she can get comfy at night just like her mama??
In other news.....
My grandpa was in the hospital this weekend recovering from a heart valve replacement. Phil, myself and my brother went out there yesterday to visit with him. It was good to see that he is in great spirits and already harassing the nurses.
At one point when we were there he called for me to come over to the side of his bed. I walked over there and without saying a word, he laid his hand on my belly and kept it there until he could feel her move. She kicked a few times and he smiled the best drugged up grin and just said "I got to feel my great granddaughter"
I think the giant grin he gave me will be in my memory forever.
I just cried a little about Grandpa. :) too cute.
ReplyDeleteoh BTW the little word you have to type to verify that you are a human to make a comment on a blog... well the one I just got was too cool. SISTALOU. HA!
ReplyDelete