This weekend marked the last weekend that Phil and I had NOTHING planned before the baby gets here. So, we ditched any house projects that we should be getting done for a night away.
He wouldn't tell me where we were going all week. Just pack with clothes that you would wear around town and one nice outfit for dinner, is all I got out of him. So, Saturday morning off we went to our adventure! As we were pulling out of the driveway, he revealed that we were heading to Leavenworth for the night and that I had a 1:00 appointment for an hour and a half massage waiting for me!!!
Little did I know that he didn't plan the weekend for "us" necessarily, but he planned it for me! He called it my "Mommy-Moon". The point was for me to get pampered and relax before I go through the whole birth process. I think he should get a Daddy-Moon too since he will have to put up with me through the entire process, but he says that isn't the point.
We stopped for breakfast at the Maltby Cafe on our way out of town and then it was off to the Bavarian Village.
The massage was heavenly. She asked me where my trouble spots were and I told her I was having some serious bad pinching feeling in my lower back/tail bone area. I think she ended up spending about 45 minutes just on my butt and lower back area. She did some pressure point techniques on the back of my head and neck. (Today, I am happy to report that the pinching pain I had in my tail bone is completely GONE! I am a little sore, but not nearly in the pain I was before)
After my massage we went for ice cream, poked around town a little bit then went to the hotel room to change for dinner.
We had a great dinner at a cute little Italian restaurant. Then we went and got some yummy chocolates and coffee and sat out on a patio watching the town close up and talked about baby Else. Then it was off to the local bar to listen to some good ol' fashioned Kareoke. Which by the way is always funny!
It was the perfect day!
Sunday we slept in, and since the minute we left town, Phil has been sicker than a dog!! Not sure if it is the flu or something he ate, but he is not doing too good! Poor guy. I get a day of pampering, and he gets 2 days of upset tummy. Doesn't seem fair!
Oh No! That's horrible he got sick.... especially after all the planning and nice things he did. I'm glad you got your mommy moon. That was Valentine's day for us, definitely worth the time out and something you can think of in another few weeks.
ReplyDeleteGood job Phil!
You may have one of the best husbands in the entire world!
ReplyDelete