With the news today of a friend having her baby last night, it has donned on me that I am the only one left of the "spring babies" to still be pregnant.
At one time, there were 5 of us here at work that were all pregnant. We were all due within a couple of weeks of each other. Well... all 4 of them have given birth now to healthy babies, and I am the only one still waddling around the halls.
A friend of mine had her twin baby boys over the weekend, another friend gave birth to a girl last night. I am the last one standing. Or... sitting.
I don't mind though. In only about 5 weeks we could have our baby girl here. And although I am very excited for her arrival, I am ok with her staying put for a little bit. Mainly for her own growing reasons, but also because I am still not quite prepared for it all.
I am still working on getting there mentally, but I do feel like physically my body is getting ready. The Braxton Hicks contractions happen a little more frequently now, but they aren't scary anymore. My hips are starting to "spread" (aka HURT) as some would say. I have been told that it looks like she has "dropped". I am not getting much sleep because I can't quite get comfortable, or have to pee, or get kicked. I have non-stop heartburn. People stop me and say "You look like you only have a few weeks left!" Which as scary as it is, could be true! Plus, those cute little kicks that were going on in the beginning are now full on rolls and they are starting to get very uncomfortable and a lot less cute! Although I still laugh and smile when it happens. Except for at night when I am trying to sleep and it wakes me up.
All in all... I still feel great! Considering how hard my body is working to plump this little one up, I really can't complain. Although, Phil might disagree. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment