This weekend is already a blurr for me. Not only have I been having some sort of head cold thing going on, but the weekend was PACKED with fun stuff.
Friday here at work the girls hosted a baby shower and I (we) were so spoiled. We had a good time and everyone is so supportive and excited for us! Pictures of this one are on the post before this one. Phil stopped in for a little bit to show his thanks and meet everyone that I talk about when I get home from work each night.
Saturday we had a baby shower at my aunt Robins house that was so beautiful! I will put some pictures up soon. It was a packed house, and I think that there was at least one person from every area of my life there. Jobie family, childhood friends, parents of childhood friends, longtime family friends, parents of Phil's childhood friends, relatives covering all of my families, both grandmas, both great grandmas, aunts, great aunts. Daddy and grandpa even made an appearance. And a great grandpa was seen from the window when he dropped great grandma off. It was such a special day, and again we were so spoiled!
Sunday was a baby shower with my girlfriends. Another beauty. Becky and the girls did such a great job! We played some fun and hilarious games and had some delicious food. I immediately forgave her for having an egg casserole when I tasted the hash brown one. So yummy! And the CAKE!!! To die for.
When I got home last night and Phil and I had a chance to let it all soak in.... we started unpacking and sorting through all of the adorable gift bags. And let me tell you... I think this little girl will have the most awesome bedroom, and the best wardrobe, and her friends will want to play with all of her toys, and she will NEVER have a shortage of diapers (I say that now, but I know I am just in denial of how many diapers kids go through)
The weekend was so much fun, and one that I will never forget. I felt so loved and looked after and can't even begin to tell you how appreciative we are. We are very lucky to have the friends and family that we do!
Lucky for me, the worst of my head cold stayed away for most of the weekend, until I woke up this morning. Now it is here in full force and I am blowing my nose and coughing all over my desk. I can barely keep my eyes open and my head feels like it is going to fall off.
I guess that is the price you pay when you are catered to and spoiled rotten for an entire weekend, huh?
No comments:
Post a Comment