I know I have said it many times before, but I LOVED being pregnant! I loved everything about it.
When Else was born I thought for sure that I would be sad at times because I missed being pregnant. It has been 3 months, and I haven't even really thought about it. I am enjoying her so much that preganancy, contractions, weight gain, everything!, seems like it was all so long ago. I haven't missed any of it.... until yesterday.
I went to a baby shower for a friend here at work and it finally hit me. I got so sad because I miss it all! She is glowing and seems to be enjoying pregnancy as much as I did. She was talking about setting up the nursery and hanging up all of the clothes and I had to force myself not to interrupt everything she was saying with a "Oh, we did that too..." or "We have that and it is the best/worst" Everytime she opened a gift I wanted to share my own experience with the room of 20 people but I didn't want to annoy everyone so I kept my mouth shut and just enjoyed it all.
In my mind, there is nothing worse than being "that girl". You know... the one at baby showers or BBQ's that shares un wanted advice with anyone that will listen. The "Im a new mom and have so much knowledge" type? I pray that I never become one of those moms.
So when I had the urge to say something during her baby shower, I fought it with everything I had. I did not want to be that girl. I hate that girl.
But I love baby showers and pregnant women!
I want to comment on how I went through that same feeling after being pregnant so bad... but I so know "that girl" so I can't. So I'm just going to bite my tongue and just read your awesome post that I totally agree with and think how much I agree in my head:) love you!
ReplyDelete