I know, SHUT THE FRONT DOOR, right?? Yes it is true, Friday the 21st marks her 8 month birthday.
Now I believe everyone when they say "Enjoy all of the little moments when they are babies, because time sure does fly!" That is no joke!!!
Two different thoughts go through my head.
1) It has only been 8 months, that's not that long.... how could I have forgotten so much already??
2) It has ALREADY been 8 months!! Too much has happened, how do I keep track of it all!?!
I was looking at pictures yesterday and could not believe that she had ever been that small. I was trying to remember how I felt holding my tiny baby 8 months ago. Was I nervous, scared I would drop her, worried I wasn't supporting her head enough? I really can not remember any of those fears now. I am sure I had my fare share of worries the day we left the hospital. At the time they probably seemed like the biggest thing in the world. But today... I swear to you I can not remember being scared or afraid of what was to come!
What I do remember of the last 8 months, are things that I will never forget.
- People meeting her for the first time.
- Sleeping through the night
- Seeing her roll from front to back, and then back to front
- The three of us dancing at a wedding
- Family trips
- Comforting her when she cries
- Making her smile
- Making her laugh
- Seeing her personality develop
- Feeding her solids
- "DaaDaa"
- Her excitement when experiencing something new
- Tooth!
- The Holidays
- Another tooth!
- "muuummumm" (which I consider to be "mom")
- Holding my breath every time she falls over, waiting for a cry but she just lifts herself up and keeps playing (well, most of the time)
- Having grown up time, but missing her while away
- Crawling any day now
So for all of you out there that warned us about how fast time flies, thank you. Your advice did not fall on deaf ears.
We are trying our best to soak up every moment and cherish the memories we have made already.
Amy.... I just love you. You are such an awesome mom and Else is such a lucky lady to have you, as you are to have her:) You always get me with your posts... stop making me tear up at work:)
ReplyDeleteTears!
ReplyDelete