Thursday, March 31, 2011

I was looking back through my past blogs today and I came across this one that I wrote one year ago. I can not believe how fast time has gone by.
3/31/2010 - Things that make me happy.....


At work today I realized that I had sat for about 5 minutes just watching my belly move and I was smiling.


As I write this baby girl is doing her morning stretches, hitting all areas of my uterus, while she has the hiccups. It is pretty uncomfortable, but I love it.


Any song (mainly country songs) that mention Daddy's and their little girls. Tears. Instantly. A good example of a song that has made me an emotional puddle is by Trace Adkins called "All I ask for Anymore".


Anytime, any member of my family talks about how excited they are.


I love it when little Luka says Else's name.


Reading emails or blog posts from other mamas that make me proud to be a member of their "club".


I love it when Phil calls her his daughter and says something protective. Like when she moves or kicks me and I tell her to knock it off or try to gently push her out of my rib cage. He says, "Stop poking at my daughter!" I love it.


When in baby class last night with my mom.... the teacher would refer to the Moms in the room, and I remembered that she was talking about me and not my mom sitting next to me! I am being referred to as a MOM!


I love it when friends call or email just to check in. Even if it is only a 2 minute conversation, it reminds me of the great support system that we have. Even the boys are checking in which is fun.


I love that I feel super feminine being pregnant. Maybe it is because I am having a girl, but I am enjoying dressing up and feeling cute.


Ice cold grapes. Honey sweetened peanut butter and strawberry jam. French dip sandwiches with horseradish. Vanilla soy lattes (half decaf). Tomatoes. Anything dark chocolate. White cake frosting.


Gentlemen. They come out of the woodwork when they see pregnant ladies. Opening doors, carrying things, giant smiles after they check out your belly (or possibly boobs).


The fact that my hippy massage therapist with unshaven armpits in Leavenworth, WA made my worst pregnancy pain go away. No more tailbone pains.


When I am sleeping and wake up to a cramp, or pinch, or kick or whatever it is. I move and say ouch and Phil always asks if everything is OK. Even from a deep sleep.


I enjoy going to the Doctors office. I love my Dr. and so far have met 3 of the other doctors and would be happy with any of them delivering our baby.


I love it when I tell someone her name, they always say "That is such a beautiful name" Not once has anyone said anything that made me want to poke them in the eye.


I love it that my mom goes gaga over the same things that I do. Adorable curtains, cherry blossom knitted hats, tiny pink and green dresses, little socks.


The fact that my little ticker thing up there says that I have about 47 days to go!


I really love that.

No comments:

Post a Comment