I sat at my desk on that second day and couldn't focus on anything. I resisted the urge to run up to the daycare to check on her. Knowing that it would make it worse to have to say good-bye to her again.
When I went in to pick her up, she ran to my arms and was all smiles. She was clean, well rested, and happy. SUCCESS! There was also a report of her day with a sweet note from the teacher: Else did so good today. She read books, sang songs, played with bubbles and made some new friends. We read the book One Fish Two Fish, Red Fish Blue Fish and we are studying the letter X and the color Blue this week.
I have had a few parents and teachers tell me how sweet Else is. Many have commented on her vocabulary and comprehension of words and questions they ask her. It has slowly gotten better with each day. Today when I dropped her off, although she was a little apprehensive, she eventually went off to look at some dolls. She looked up at me and the teacher and said "Bay-bay" and then gave it a hug.
I still wish more than anything that I could be home with her every day. Some people tell me that I am crazy for wishing that and say that I would go stir crazy and would miss the adult conversations and interaction, blah blah blah. I appreciate those ideas.... and no offense, but you're crazy. My baby girl is growing up too fast. If I could stay home with her for the next few years I would do it in a heartbeat.
Daycare is going to be good for her, I know it.
But right now I just wish I could play with Else and her Bay-Bays.
love.
ReplyDelete