Since the only people that would ever read this blog are my lovelies, then I find it a good place to record some of our stories of my/our pregnancy.
I am not a great writer, and I like to think I am funny when I really am not, but if you would like to follow along with our updates, then this is where I will be putting them.
Here is just one of the greatest moments so far....
Telling our families about our little peanut.
This was so fun. We tried to think of clever ways to tell everyone and I think we succeeded.
For my parents, we gave them an anniversary card that said "Happy Anniversary Grandma and Grandpa, Love-Amy, Phil and our little pea" My mom read the card and said it was nice and set it down. Phil and I looked at each other very confused and I remember shouting "MOM, READ IT AGAIN!" So she did and the look on her face when she realized it was our announcement was priceless! My dad kept saying "this is great babe, oh this is so great babe". I love it when my dad smiles and shakes his head like he approves. It is his subtle way of showing you how proud he is, without even saying a word.
Breaking the news to my grandparents was about the same. My mom and dad were meeting them in Lake Chelan for a little weekend get away and I had her bring this ribbon stuff that my grandma needed for a Christmas project she is making for me. Well, instead of the real ribbon (red and green), I put in this pink, yellow and blue ribbon and tied little baby buttons on it. Grandma opened the bag and pulled out the ribbon, got confused and said she didn't get it... my mom had to point out the little buttons and then she just laughed and laughed and had to explain to my grandpa what it was all about. My grandparents called me and each took a turn on the phone telling me how excited they were already to become great grandparents.
My aunt Robin was classic! I called her and very casually said "Robin, I just wanted to call you and tell you that you really are a great aunt" at first she was pretty quiet and then she said "Are you sucking up for something" so I said "No.... you really are a very GREAT aunt." quiet again.... and then she says "Oh my god, you are pregnant?!?!?!" I confirmed the news and she kept saying "right on!, right on Aim!"
Phil's mom was pretty cute too. When Phil was little he had this rocking horse that she has been storing for him over the years. We went to her place and he asked where it was so we could take it home. She pointed it out. He says "Yeah, I figure I need to take it home for my own children now". So cute. I cried, she cried, Phil was giddy. Hugs all around.
I didn't get the full experience with telling Phil's grandparents, but I hear it was pretty hilarious. His family already has 3 great grand children and one on the way and they are all girls. So, one of the first things his grandma said after hearing the news was "It better be a boy, we want a great grand son!" Totally his grandma. Just makes me laugh.
So, as you can see we have already had some great events just telling our news.
Makes me so excited for this little one to get here. If everyone is so happy with just knowing there is something growing in there... just imagine how amazing it will be when it actually arrives.
Our families are the greatest and I am thankful for them every day.
Yipeee! Keep the posts coming, I love hearing how others experience pregnancy and all that jazz. And you're a good writer, don't you doubt it one bit!
ReplyDelete