Thursday, March 18, 2010

Updates!

About 60 days left? Are you kidding me???

Anyways.... here are some of the happenings in our little home.

We started baby classes 2 weeks ago. First class was pretty boring, except for one of the expectant fathers. He was hilarious/out of line/uncomfortable/sincere. Long story, but I can fill ya'll in if there is anyone out there that I haven't told this story to already. The second class was much more informative and interesting. Breastfeeding 101. Like Phil says most of the info is pretty common sense, but I enjoyed it and since I am still learning about what is going on in my body, I actually got a lot out of the evening. She did touch on the fact that milk comes out much like a shower head which lucky for me, I learned from some of my friends, so it was nice to learn that ahead of time instead of in a room full of strangers when my first reaction would have been to drop my jaw and say something like "Are you serious?" or something dumb.

I have my first baby shower this weekend. I am so excited. This one is with the Gregersen side of the family (which is a lot of women). My mom, aunt and grandma are coming with me. I like the idea of the two families getting together for something like this. It would have been so fun to have a joint family shower, but that would have been about 100 people, and that is just crazy.

I had my first "real" Braxton Hicks contraction yesterday. I have had little pinches here and there and my belly has been hard as a rock off and on a few times. But yesterday it was actually pretty uncomfortable. Not painful, though. I got a little dizzy, sweaty, flushed, my belly was hard as a rock and I was seeing spots. I had to sit down right away because I was afraid I was going to pass out. I called the doc just to mention it and he had me come in. I wasn't worried about the tight belly thing since it has happened quite a few times before, but I was a little weirded out by the dizziness and fear of fainting. Doc checked everything out, good heartbeat, blood pressure was a little high but he didn't sound too worried. He told me to take the afternoon off, hydrate and relax with my feet up.


I have the day off tomorrow!!
Whoo hooo!! I get a few hours of paid time off here and there for meeting quarterly goals and I have 8 hours that needed to be used up, so I took a random day. It looks like I made a good choice though since we will have good weather. It will also be nice to take the time to relax and rest up as much as possible. These next couple of months are going to be insane!

This weekend officially starts the crazy times! Baby showers, Dr. appointments, 3 weddings, bridal shower, bachelorette parties, wedding rehearsals, baby classes, hospital tours, Cooking Club, appointments with a photographer.

And that is only in the next 6 weeks!!


Oh my!!

We do have one weekend coming up with nothing planned so we are going to do something fun together. Phil is keeping it a surprise.

No comments:

Post a Comment