Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Scary Pregnancy Tests

Peeing on a stick is scary.

Some pee on a stick in hopes of it being negative, praying over and over for the little box to keep quiet and only produce one line. Some pee on sticks hoping and praying that that little box shows a plus sign or the word pregnant flashes on the screen. Either way, waiting for the final outcome is scary. You hold your breath for those few long seconds and when something finally shows up, you are completely terrified, no matter what the outcome is.

I had my fare share of peeing on sticks.

In September when we started to suspect something was up, I peed on a stick and got a barely there plus sign. Hubby and I looked at eachother confused and weren't convinced that it was a positive outcome, so I peed on another one. Same thing... faint blue plus sign. Then, it was off to the store for a different brand. Same thing again.... although since it was clearly not a negative either of these times we started to get really excited. We made an appointment at the Dr. office to have an official test done. This time, negative. WHAT? There I was...scared again that there may be something wrong with me.

Doc said it could be that my hormones were just a little off and that I should wait over the weekend and come in again the following week for another test.

So, the day after our 4 year anniversary I went in and got the best news ever!! We were finally pregnant!! Once again, I was scared.

Scared that the Dr had now given us a negative test and also a possitive test. I kept thinking "this could go either way at this point". So, I did what any sane person would do. I went to the grocery store and bought the most expensive test on the shelf. One that flashes "Pregnant" or "Not Pregnant". And I peed on yet another stick.

It was music to my eyes when it flashed "Pregnant". Although I was scared about the idea that I really was going to be a mama, I couldn't have felt better about peeing on that stick.

Those sticks aren't that scary, it is what comes after the stick that is the frightening part!!

1 comment:

  1. You should do a pee stick consumer review... be an official product tester.

    You guys are going to be awesome parents! It's scary but awesome.

    ReplyDelete